Wednesday 8 October 2014

Evaluation

My magazine contains all of the conventions that you would expect to see on the front cover of any magazine. At the top is the header which is telling you that you can get free stationary with every copy, which will make someone more likely to buy it. Below the header is the Masthead which is the name of the magazine and gives you an idea of what it’s going to be about. My magazine is titled “Mizballers” because it is about the Misbourne school. The all is in a different colour to imply the school can do everything. Below the header are some cover lines which allude to the biggest articles in the magazine. These are to entice the reader in by interesting them with what’s inside. Below one of the cover lines is a graphic feature or smaller image. This relates to one of the cover lines and is also supposed to help draw the reader in. At the bottom left of the magazine are the plugs. These also give you more information about the content of the magazine to try and interest the buyer. At the bottom right is the barcode. This is not a very important feature but it is always there. Behind everything is the central image. The cover lines, masthead and plugs only cover a small part of it and the focus point is easily viewable. It is a picture of a Misbourne student so it’s relevant to the magazine. It also has its own little headline which contains a rhetorical question to help draw in the buyer. The cover also has a three colour principle, the colour being red, blue and black. These are the Misbournes colours which is why I chose them.


The target audience of my magazine is the students which is why I have aimed the cover lines and plugs towards that age range. It’s also why I offered free stationary because they would need it. To create my magazine cover I used InDesign because it was the best form of software for creating magazine covers. I also used photoshop to resize and sharpen up the image. Overall I think my magazine cover is alright. Next time I would put a price on the front and have more on the main article.

No comments:

Post a Comment